“Moloskovitsy” oil refinery is located 100 kilometers from St. Petersburg, the second largest city in Russia.
The refinery plant has direct railroad access to
- international sea port of Ust-Luga (60 km)
- sea port of Saint-Petersburg, Russia (100 km)
- Estonia’s state border (50 km).
The port of Ust-Luga, the largest Russian port in the Baltic, is the main export direction for the “Moloskovitsy” oil refinery. Many countries of the EU can be reached from the port: Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Germany, Sweden, Norway, France and England.
The process of refining goes on 24 hours a day. Oil tank cars deliver oil to the refinery by rail. The refinery has 5 rail sidings for storing oil and raw materials. The refinery can store a monthly oil reserve on its territory.
As the result of crude oil processing, the plant has finished products: petroleum (14%), diesel (45%), residual fuel (33.5%) and gas (4.5%). Finished oil products are distributed to storage and shipping tanks.
Modernization of the refinery will have two stages:
First stage. Start of production
oil.vision will invest ¥ 2 500 000 000 [ $23 000 000 ] in production launch. This amount is based on the calculation of the current production capacity required for the uninterrupted operation of the plant during the first six months:
- cost of the launch;
- wage fund;
- leasing of transport and shipping containers.
Second stage. Modernization
oil.vision will invest¥20 000 000 000 [ $ 180 000 000 ] in increasing the refining capacity by purchasing additional equipment. As part of the modernization project, all areas of the refinery will be expanded and updated:
- Loading and unloading The capacity of the existing tank truck loading station will be increased by 1.5 times. In addition, another station with increased capacity will be built. The total throughput capacity will triple.
- Storage . Storage park will be expanded more than 10 times. After increasing the number of tanks for the distillation of raw materials and storage of finished products, the maximum volume of the refinery’s reserves will grow from 2,500 tons to 33,000 tons.
- Refining The refinery has oil processing plant H-300 with a capacity of 300 tons per day It is planned to build 6 plants with the capacity of 600 tons per day each, this will ensure the processing volume of more than 110,000 tons of oil per month.
- Additional equipment In order to maintain the throughput capacity of the refinery, the number of buffer tanks will be increased and additional diesel generators, boilers and pumping stations will be installed. They will compensate for the increased pressure on the refinery.
The future of the refinery
The plan for the development of the “Moloskovitsy” oil refinery includes a comprehensive expansion. The gradual launch of new equipment will increase the capitalization of the plant and its production capacity. According to preliminary estimates based on the technical characteristics of the equipment, modernization of the plant will increase its profitability by 15 times, to ¥ 350 000 000 [ $ 3 000 000 ] per month.